Friday, May 10, 2013

Utah Teapot on Android

I am TOTALLY impressed with this code I found: http://code.google.com/p/android-utah-teapot/. It is the Utah Teapot that you can tilt it around with the accelerometer.

OpenGL is tricky. There are so many things to set up and do one thing wrong you get black screen. This Utah Teapot is classic data set for computer graphics. Just thinking about parsing the data already gives me a headache...

* * *
I want to do something that sounds simple... set a camera at (10,10,10), looking at the origin... so I can plot a R2->R graph like z=x2+y2. I've done that years ago on Windows (which I "borrowed" some OpenGL code I found), yes, and I also borrowed code that parses an equation. This would probably be my last program not ported to Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment